Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day zero, The Arrival

It's 1 o'clock in the morning and I've just arrived at the apart-hotel Garden View.
My PC is running on battery because Malta, as UK, has only Uk current plugs.
The plane has landed on time at 23:45 at the Mt airport, than I've taken a shuttle to bring me to the Hotel in Swequi. I've payed 8€, the taxi driver was offering me a ride for 20€, but I think I could treat down to 7 if I hadn't already payed the shuttle ticket. As in UK the driver sits on the right and the passenger on the left, so I got surprised by seeing the wheel on the right side. I was very thirsty when I arrived at the hotel, so at first I've drunk a glass of water. The taste was horrible. A flashback reminded me that Malta does desalinization from sea water to get drinking water, it has the same taste as sea water, only without the salt.
The apartment is not luxurious, but for students is quite well. My room is a single, but has two beds placed in a 2x2.5 m room. The furniture are old, but functional. I have no desk, no soap, no drinks, no food, no washing-up liquid.
I have instead a wonderful view on the outdoor pool from the living room terrace and window, and a well-equipped kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment