Friday, February 4, 2011

Day one, first look at Malta

It's 16 o'clock and my PC is finally plugged in an electric plug. I've hacked the UK plug and inserted the small 2-pins plug in there. It's a rainy day, the wind is blowing strong but despite the season it is not very cold, like it used to be in Trieste two days ago. Today I encountered the kind staff of the GardenView, which gently advised me that I have to pay the first 8 weeks of my stay here, that's a 680€ shot. I wonted to pay with a bankcard or credit card but in this case they take 5% of the transaction, so I decided to pay cash in two times, the first at the moment and then the second part as I get to an ATM. I've eaten the breakfast in the adjacent bar, 3 m away. The coffee is non good as the Italian one, but far better than the UK's coffee I've tried months ago.
Then I've been to the supermarket round the corner, I've never seen so much stuff in such a small place. The market is well stocked and a bit more expensive than on mainland, but there are no big differences in prices.
After buying the essentials like water, soaps, pasta and some tuna I've returned to the app to unpack my case.
The stuff gave me a map of the local area and another for a wider section, all to Paceville and the University. Than they kindly explained me where to find a shopping center and a mobile operator shop. So I've walked the way down to the coast with my camera and visited the nearby area.
Here are some pictures:










I won't write about Malta yet because I want to see a little more first. First impression: Kind people, Plain roofs everywhere, Esthetically very beautiful place, public transport not very efficient.
I've chosen Vodafone because they offer a plan with Internet connection far cheaper than Go. So I've purchased a SIM card and activated a 3€ per week Internet connection with 250Mb traffic included.
Today the weather was not of the bests, so I've resent the visit at the University to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment